Afe Babalola University
Frequently Asked Questions
The requirements for admission into undergraduate programs in ABUAD include:
- Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Literature in English, and any other 2 Social Sciences or Arts Subjects are required for admission into College of Law.
- Five O’Level(WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE)Credit passes at one sitting to include English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics and Biology are required for admission into the MBBS and Nursing Science Programmes.
- Other Programmes: Five O’Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE) Credit Passes at not more than two sittings to include English Language, Mathematics and three (3) other subjects relevant to course of study.
- Result of 2018 in Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME).
- Result of 2017 in Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination (UTME) is not allowed
ABUAD offers Preparatory Degree Programs at its Study Center in Ibadan. These include Pre-degree and Degree Foundation Programs. Visit http://abisc.org.ng for details and requirements.
- A number of scholarships are available in ABUAD, both school and externally sponsored scholarships. These include:
- Reduction of 50% tuition fees available for students studying Agriculture who are also entitled to take-off grant after graduation.
- Annual Scholarships for ABUAD Teachers and Students A full list of scholarship opportunities can be found here
The Afe Babalola University Admissions portal provide a step by step guide to completing your application seamlessly - https://admissions.abuad.edu.ng/WelcomeHome
A comprehensive list of undergraduate programs has been published in PART C here
This is determined by the program you wish to apply for. Undergraduate courses in the college of sciences, College of Arts and Humanities and College of Social and Management Science take an average of 4 years to complete. WHILE Courses in the College of Agriculture, College of Engineering and College of Medicine and Health Science takes 6 or 5 years, depending on specific program.
Candidates who chose ABUAD in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are to pay the sum of N2, 000
Yes, using the online undergraduate application page
There are other alternatives to online registration. In this case, a candidate can make payment into the designated bank accounts and proceed to the designated selling centres to obtain a form.
A list of designated banks and designated selling centres have been here
A change of institution would be required. Candidates who did not choose Afe Babalola University (ABUAD) in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are also qualified to participate in the Post UTME screening of the University purchasing Change of Institution form from JAMB and N2,000 for the Post UTME Form
- Candidates can apply for Direct Entry with HND, ND, JUPEP, IJMB or IGCSE (A-LEVEL).
- Direct Entry form from JAMB is required to be eligible for admission into Afe Babalola University, Ado – Ekiti (ABUAD)
- Direct Entry are available for all courses except Law, Medicine and Surgery, and Nursing Science.
Yes. The JAMB form provides options for students to select choices of institutions and courses.
Yes. The POST UTME examination is a compulsory requirement for consideration for admission.
- Requirements for Master’s Degree Programmes include:
- All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
- The University Matriculation requirements of individual Departments must be satisfied before a candidate can be considered for admission.
- For admission into any of the programmes, possession of NYSC Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory.
- Yes. The requirements for Professional Master’s Degree Programme include:
- Candidates for professional Master’s degree programme must obtain a minimum of Second Class Lower Division in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
- Candidates with University degree in Third Class or HND plus a University PGD at credit level pass, (i.e., CGPA of 3.0/5.0) or 50% on weighted percentage average may be considered for admission into professional Master’s degree programmes.
- All candidates must demonstrate adequate intellectual capacity, maturity and effective decision making and problem solving potentials.
- Yes. The requirements for Academic Master’s Degree Programme include:
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degrees from the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) must obtain a minimum of second class lower division with a CGPA of 2.5/5.0 for an academic programme.
- Candidates with at least a third class degree or HND and University PGD in the relevant discipline of Afe Babalola University or equivalent of any other University approved by the National Universities Commission (NUC) with CGPA of 3.0/5.0 may be considered for admission into academic Master’s degree programmes.
- The requirements for the Doctor of Philosophy Degree (Ph.D.) Programmes include:
- A Master of Science (M.Sc.) Degree of Afe Babalola University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Afe Babalola University with minimum of 60% or a Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50
- An M.Phil. Degree in relevant discipline of any University recognized by the Senate of Afe Babalola University, with a minimum of 3.50 CGPA.
Application instruction can be found here
A comprehensive list can be found in PART C here
A Postgraduate diploma qualifies you for a master’s degree. Check out our postgraduate diploma programme here
- Requirements for Postgraduate Diploma Programmes include:
- All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects at ‘O’ Level (WAEC, NECO, GCE, NABTEB and IGCSE).
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from any NUC approved University must obtain a minimum of 3rd Class degree in the relevant discipline.
- Holders of HND in relevant programmes from approved Institutions with a minimum of Lower Credit may also be considered for admission.
Kindly visit the registry department of the university.
You can check your application status through the admissions portal
There are three mode – full online applications, forms downloaded manually online and purchase of forms from designated centers. Read more here
Yes. You can apply by downloading the forms here OR purchasing forms from designated centers.
- Yes. These locations include:
School fees can be paid online, by direct deposit or through a bank draft. Detailed instructions can be found here
List of school fees as it applies to all colleges and courses are published on the school’s website and updated yearly. The latest published fees can be found here
Yes, a part payment arrangement can be made at the bursary department. Kindly visit the bursary department to discuss the specifics of this as it relates to you.
Ideally, you have an option of paying in two installments – per semester.
Depending on the mode of payment used, you can generate the evidence of payment as per instructions here
Kindly contact your bank to confirm the status of the transaction.
Please follow the instructions here p>
Yes. Offline fee payment options include bank deposit or bank draft (in favor of Afe Babalola University)
A list is usually generated at the commencement of the semester. Kindly contact your level adviser.
Yes. Course registration can be done online via the student portal
If you are a fresh student, you can find the details of your username and password here. Students are encouraged to change their default passwords after first sign in.
Yes. ABUAD is a fully residential institution, with residential quarters for staff and students.
- ABUAD hostels have 4 room types, based on the bed type. These include:
- 4-Man Room
- 2-Man Room
- Super Deluxe 2-Man Room
- Super Deluxe 1-Man Room
Yes, the Super Deluxe 1-Man Room would be the appropriate choice for you.
Yes. There are two banks on campus (WEMA and Fidelity) and a number of ATM points.
Students are encouraged to open accounts with the bank available in school in order to increase the ease of banking transactions.
Yes. ABUAD has a State-of-the-art talent discovery building housing 26 sporting facilities and 15 skills learning centers.
No. There is freedom of religion in ABUAD
According to room type selected during payment, the Hostel allocation tab on your dashboard page at portal.abuad.edu.ng will guide you on completing hostel allocation.
There are a number of restaurants and fast food eateries in the school that serve healthy meals at affordable rates.
Yes. ABUAD ventures provide a range of services which includes laundering.